1) Nutpicking refers to “The practice of sifting through the comments of blogs, email threads, discussion groups and other user generated content in an attempt find choice quotes proving that advocates for or against a particular political opinion are unreasonable, uninformed extremists.”
2) The nutpicking tactic was deployed most conspicuously by David Brock for the Clinton campaign to smear Sanders supporters as racist and sexist Bernie Bros.
3) That Sanders supporters were nothing of the kind was, of course, obvious to everyone, including Brock himself and those cynically deploying the smears.
4) The same can be said of Working Families Party national director Maurice Mitchell’s “nutpicked” accusations of racism and those circulating them.
5) These are a bad faith tactic to evade releasing the results of the WFP endorsement process.
6) The results will almost certainly show what we have come to expect: strong multiracial, rank and file support for Sanders versus support for Warren among organizational leadership.
7) 1) – 6) are not criticisms of WFP’s endorsement process but rather of the WFP leadership’s failure to abide by it by releasing the results of the vote total and by smearing those who are requesting they do so.
8 ) Nut picked smears deployed by the Clinton 2016 campaign against Sanders were unacceptable then and just as unacceptable now. All 2020 DP primary candidates should repudiate them and the figures associated with the tactic, including Brock himself.